A “Service” is a means to deliver value to a customer by facilitating outcomes desired by the customer. To achieve the same, one needs to have a set of capabilities and processes to direct and control the activities of service provision – which essentially is Service Management. Hence, a Service Management System needs to be put in place to effectively meet the business needs.
IT Service Management typically covers a wide range of IT Service Management parameters, and relies heavily on the Best Practices framework based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library), which is the most widely used and accepted approach for IT Service Management guidelines and architecture.
ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management (ITSM)
A truly recognized solution to this issue to practice an IT Service Management System (IT-SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000, the International standard for IT Service Management.
ITSM based on ISO/IEC 20000 defines the internationally accepted set of best practices for the implementation of an IT Service Management in both large and small scale organizations.
ISO/IEC 20000 focuses on the Service Management System (SMS) – how your organization plans, operates, reviews, and improves the delivery of new and changed services that will add value for your customers and save money and effort.
Implementation of IT Service Management can lead to:
- Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.
- Better alignment of IT services with the business priorities and objectives.
- Focus on delivering the services that the business needs. Become business-driven as opposed to technology-driven Focus on delivering the services that the business needs.
- Improve the return on IT investment – put the processes in place that improve utilization of resources and ultimately their effectiveness and reduce duplication of effort.
- Demonstrate capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements.
- Reduce risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt.
- Set up method to monitor, measure and review service management processes and services.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
Primarily, ISO/IEC 20000 certification demonstrates that an organization has adequate controls and procedures in place to consistently deliver a cost effective, quality IT service.
AZAAN Approach for ISO 20000:2011 Implementation & Certification
AZAAN’s implementation methodology follows the continuous improvement process Plan-Do-Check-Act according to ISO/IEC 20000. AZAAN aims at providing an effective framework for helping IT organizations to become adaptive, flexible, cost effective and service oriented. The goal is to transform an organization from a tactical technology-provider to a strategic, business-oriented service operation. AZAAN’s approach enables customers to design, build, manage and enhance their IT service operations and supporting IT infrastructure based on the best practices.
- Existing Information Systems study and GAP analysis
- Risk assessment (based on ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard)
- Design an IT Service Management System
- Design and implement policies and procedures
- Service Catalogue
- Service Management System (SMS) Policy and Plan
- Develop / Update SLAs and OLAs
- Internal and pre-certification audit
Key Services we offer:
Consulting: Using the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and other risk management best practices / frameworks including ISO 31000, AZAAN provides strong IT Service Management advisory services ranging from gap assessments to full-fledged management system implementation.
We conduct pre audit and certification readiness audits and ensure that all gaps are fully completed and compliance requirements are embedded in the organization culture. We also help the organization’s certification initiative by participating in the ISO 20000 certification audit meetings and related discussions with the stakeholders and certification body.
Training: AZAAN prepares practitioners and auditors for IT Service Management through Internal Auditor and Lead Auditor trainings. Click here to know more about our trainings programs.
Implementation Toolkit: AZAAN has developed a stand-alone ITSM implementation toolkit filled with templates and artifacts for organizations striving to implement IT Service Management.
Contact us to know more, ask for Quotation and get benefitted from our services.