Information is one of the most important organization assets. For an organization, information is valuable and should be appropriately protected. Security is to combine systems, operations and internal controls to ensure integrity and confidentiality of data and operation procedures in an organization.
Currently, Information Security is crucial to all organizations to protect their information and conduct their business. Information Security is defined as the protection of information and the system, and hardware that use, store and transmit that information. Information security performs four important tasks for any organization which is, to protect the organization’s ability to function, enable the safe operation of applications implemented on the organization’s IT systems, protect the data the organization collect and uses, and lastly is safeguards the technology assets in use at the organization. There are also challenges and risk involves in implemented information security in organization.
Information Security Management System (ISMS)
ISO/IEC 27001 formally specifies an Information Security Management System (ISMS), a suite of activities concerning the management of information security risks. The ISMS is an overarching management framework through which the organization identifies, analyzes and addresses its information security risks. The ISMS ensures that the security arrangements are fine-tuned to keep pace with changes to the security threats, vulnerabilities and business impacts.
Some of the benefits of implementing the ISO 27001 standard are as follows:
- Brings compliance with legal, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Enhances overall organizational efficiency and operational performance.
- Augmentation in overall organizational efficiency and operational performance.
- Significantly limits security and privacy breaches.
- Provides a process for information security and corporate governance.
- Reduces operational risk while threats are assessed and vulnerabilities are mitigated.
- ISO 27001 certification is recognized worldwide.
ISO 27001, the acknowledged Standard in information security enables companies to measure the risks to their information and ensure that appropriate measures or controls are in place to protect their business and information assets.
AZAAN Approach for ISO 27001:2013 Implementation & Certification
Our ISO 27001 compliance services assist an organization to understand the gaps in information system controls as per the ISO 27001:2013 control objectives and provide recommendations to address the gaps. This will assist an organization in formulating implementation plans to achieve ISO 27001 certification.
- Existing Information Systems study and GAP analysis
- Risk assessment (based on ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard)
- Identification of Threats & Vulnerabilities
- Information asset evaluation in terms of the Confidentiality, Integrity & availability (CIA)
- Design an Information Security Management System
- Develop Statement of Applicability (SOA)
- Design and implement policies and procedures
- Internal and pre-certification audit
Key Services we offer:
Consulting: Using the ISO 27001 standard and other risk management best practices / frameworks including ISO 31000, AZAAN provides strong IT Security advisory services ranging from gap assessments and risk assessments to full-fledged management system implementation.
Training: AZAAN prepares practitioners and auditors for information security management through Internal Auditor and Lead Auditor trainings; ISMS Practitioner and Risk Assessment workshops. Click here to know more about our trainings programs.
Implementation Toolkit: AZAAN has developed a stand-alone ISMS implementation toolkit filled with templates and artifacts for organizations striving to implement information security.
Contact us to know more, ask for Quotation and get benefitted from our services.