Why to attend?
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to assist organizations in applying data protection laws and regulations.
Who to attend?
- Project managers or consultants seeking to prepare and support an organization in planning, implementing, and maintaining a compliance program based on the GDPR
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team
- Expert advisors involved in security of personal data
- Technical experts and compliance experts seeking to prepare for a Data Protection Officer role
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the basic concepts and components of the Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the goal, content of and the correlation between the General Data Protection Regulation and other regulatory frameworks
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques for the effective protection of data
- Interpret the data protection requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain ongoing compliance to the GDPR
- This training is based on both the Regulation and best practices
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and real case discussions
- Practice exercises are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of the GDPR and primary knowledge of the present data protection legal requirements.
Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR and initiation of the GDPR Compliance
Day 2: Plan the implementation of the GDPR
Day 3: Deploying the GDPR
Day 4: Monitoring and continuous improvement of GDPR compliance
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Data Protection Concepts and Rights of the Data Subject
Domain 2: Data controllers, processors and the DPO
Domain 3: Planning the GDPR compliance project
Domain 4: Data Protection Impact Assessment and Privacy Impact Assessment
Domain 5: Data Protection Measures and Approaches
Domain 6: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of the GDPR compliance project
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
The requirements for PECB Data Protection Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||DPMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified Provisional Data Protection Officer||PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Data Protection Officer||PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Data Protection||Data Protection activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To know more about the course fee, training schedule and other details, write to us at: email@example.com