COBIT® 5 Assessor Certification Course is a 3-day interactive, classroom based training course that provides delegates with the knowledge and skills required to assess an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT® 5 Process Reference Model (PRM).
COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises to achieve their goals and deliver value through effective governance and management of enterprise IT.
At the end of the course, the delegates will gain competencies in:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the COBIT 5 Assessor Guide.
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (PAM) in performing a process capability assessment.
- How to use the Process Reference Model(PRM).
- How to apply and analyze the measurement model in assessing process capability levels.
- How to apply and analyze the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM.
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the assessment process.
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide.
- Initiate a process assessment.
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM.
- Plan and brief the teams.
- Collect and validate the data.
- Do a process attribute rating.
- Report the findings of the assessment.
- How to use the self-assessment guide.
At the end of this course, participants will enjoy below benefits:
- Master COBIT 5.0 process capability assessment model.
- How to perform a process capability assessment within organization.
- Delegates who successfully complete the inclusive examination will be awarded the ISACA COBIT 5 Assessor qualification.
- Accredited student guide.
- ISACA Original COBIT 5.0 Assessor Guide.
- ISACA Original COBIT 5.0 Process Assessment Model (PAM) Guide.
- Case study and templates.
- Sample questions.
- The course qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits.
Course Delivery Options:
- Classroom based training
- In-house training
Course Duration : 21 Hours of study (3 days or 4 days)
- Course Introduction
- COBIT 5.0 Overview, Principles, Goal Cascade recap
- Recap of Process Assessment Model ( PAM)
- Roles, responsibilities and Competencies
- Initiate an Assessment
- Scope an assessment
- Plan an assessment and brief to the team
- Data Collection
- Data Validation
- Process Attribute Rating
- Assessment Reporting
- Sample exam
- Final Exam
COBIT Assessor course is suitable for:
- Internal and external auditors
- IT Auditors
- IT quality professionals, IT leadership
- IT consultants
- Process practitioners and managers
Pre-Requisite: COBIT 5 Foundation certificate.
Exam & Certification
- 2.5 hour exam [40 Minutes extra for non-native english speaking delegates]
- Scenario based
- Open book (COBIT Assessor Guide and PAM Guide)
- 80 Questions
- 40 Mark(50%) required to award the certificate